[rfc-i] suggestion for the RPC

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun Jul 19 14:49:59 PDT 2015

>I would be quite happy with the latter, but in the meantime the former
>seems a good idea.  A separate good idea might be an easy way to search
>for a citation is in bibxml2; but may that's already there and I missed
>it?  I'm thinking of a quick grep return.

For those of us who mirror the bibxml files on our computers, grep
works great.

Before putting much effort into them, keep in mind that the files in
bibxml2 are all over a decade old.  Many (most?) of them refer to
standards which have been superseded and which nobody would now cite
other than as a historical reference.

I agree that a feed from IEEE-SA would be nice, and I've looked at how
hard it would be to scrape a feed from their web site (hard due to all
of the javascript and cookies.)  But we need to do something like that
because what's in the library now is not very useful.

R's,
John