[rfc-i] XML citation library for RFCs (bibxml)

Eliot Lear lear at cisco.com
Sat Jul 18 07:13:24 PDT 2015

Hi Tony,

On 7/13/15 12:32 PM, Tony Hansen wrote:
> On 7/12/15 3:46 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
>> Hi Alice,
>>
>> This looks like a good idea, and I have no objection to the change.
>> Once suggestion I do have is to release a version of xml2rfc very
>> quickly that warns those who keep their own copies of the XML2RFC
>> database to update their copies.
>
> For what?

If people are mirroring the bibxml database to run xml2rfc on their
local (disconnected) systems and those entries are all going to be
updated where <format> is deprecated, in general deprecated features
should generate a warning.  That's all I'm suggesting.

>> One related question: can anyone at the RPC comment on how you plan to
>> maintain the non-IETF files?  I'm hoping the answer is simply that
>> you'll import information that individual authors provide.  For
>> instance, I'm currently writing a draft that makes use of IEEE standards
>> that you currently don't have.
>
> That's not currently in any plans. The other bibxml are not moving
> anywhere else.
>
> For non-RFC and non-Internet-Draft bibxml issues, you can always send
> an email to citations at rfc-editor.org. Alice Russo and I both monitor
> that mailing list.

Can I suggest that it make it into some plans?  It's easier for the RFC
Editor to catch as catch can than it is for people (most of whom are not
on this mailing list) to email citations at rfc-editor.org.

Eliot