[rfc-i] XML citation library for RFCs (bibxml)

Tony Hansen tony at att.com
Sat Jul 11 17:22:52 PDT 2015

The ONLY question on the table is the removal of the <format> elements
from within the <reference> element of the */bibxml entries for the
RFCs. These <reference> elements will contain targets to the RFC
meta-info page.

The other bibxml[2-5] directories will remain in place where they are on
xml2rfc.ietf.org. They will be >>unaffected<< by this change.

The plan is tomake the bibxml found at
xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml
<http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml> to be rsync-ed from
www.rfc-editor.org/refs/bibxml <http://www.rfc-editor.org/refs/bibxml>.
The same information would then be available from either location. (If
you want to see what this looks like, note that
www.rfc-editor.org/refs/bibxml <http://www.rfc-editor.org/refs/bibxml>
is being generated today, with the <format> elements. Also, the rsync is
running today as well, but loading today into
xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml.new
<http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml.new>.)

    Tony Hansen