[rfc-i] XML citation library for RFCs (bibxml)

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Fri Jul 10 23:20:13 PDT 2015

Hi Alice,

very interesting.

I gather this is for RFCs (bibxml) and I-Ds (bibxml3) only?
Is this a "production" service at this point?

Background for my question:

kramdown-rfc2629 automatically selects a bibxml source based on the
citation tag (as in [RFC4711]).  It would be a simple flip of a switch
to move this over from xml2rfc.ietf.org to rfc-editor.org.

Should I flip this switch?  When?

One more observation:
I notice that there are some files with (text form) BCP and STD
references at http://www.rfc-editor.org/refs/ -- is there an intention
to make these available in XML, too?  Right now, there is no good source
for BCP and STD citations that can be used automatically [1].

Grüße, Carsten

[1] https://github.com/cabo/kramdown-rfc2629/issues/5