[rfc-i] Proposed change to RFC references

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Mon Aug 17 12:27:46 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 12:01:12PM -0700, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

> As an example of the proposed change, a reference would change as follow
> s:
>
> OLD
>    [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
>               Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997,
>               <http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2119>.
>
> NEW
>
>    [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
>               Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997,
>               <https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2119>.

I find the RFCs much more usable in their HTML form at

    https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc<number>

than in the text and PDF forms linked at the rfc-editor site.

Is there any chance that the RFC editor page will make HTML RFCs
available? [via https of course]

Otherwise, I'm afraid I don't much care what protocol is used to
deliver documents via URLs I won't use. :-(

--
	Viktor.