[rfc-i] xml.resource.org

Tony Hansen tony at att.com
Thu May 22 18:04:26 PDT 2014

On 5/22/14, 1:58 PM, Russ Housley wrote:
> We do not have control over the resporce.org domain, so this can become a long term problem.  Since we are updating these specifications, can we replace xml.resource.org with something at ietf.org or rfc-editor.org?

The solution that Henrik and I discussed a few months ago was to:

     *) have the IETF secretariat create a CNAME from
xml-resource.ietf.org (or some name similar to that) pointing at
wherever we currently have the tools

     *) get xml.resource.org changed into a CNAME pointing at
xml-resource.ietf.org

This puts us in control of where things live, while preserving the
xml.resource.org name for the time being.

Longer term, there certainly is an opportunity for us to come up with a
better naming scheme for a variety of things.

     Tony Hansen