[rfc-i] xml.resource.org

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu May 22 15:56:33 PDT 2014

Further, RFC2648 doesn't normatively specify any resolution algorithm.
 It provides several scripts that perform algorithmic mapping to URLs
(or actual resources) local to the server that is running the scripts.
 Resolution of URNs to various things is provided (thus validating the
idea that what one resolves these URNs to depends on what one is
looking for -- i.e., on context).

Sure, those scripts are pretty useless now, and they were always
opaque (that comes from using Perl, snark).  Even if one thinks they
are normative (I don't), surely no one would think that we could not
add new resolution mechanisms.

Nico