[rfc-i] xml.resource.org

Stewart Bryant stbryant at cisco.com
Thu May 22 15:34:04 PDT 2014

Sure, but it is fundamentally unacceptable for what is
now a critical IETF resource to be run on the current
basis.

We need to take steps to move the on line XML2RFC
compiler and it's support system over to a fully maintained
IETF server with the same level of support that we get
for the rest of our document production tools.

- Stewart

On 22/05/2014 18:58, Russ Housley wrote:
> We do not have control over the resporce.org domain, so this can become a long term problem.  Since we are updating these specifications, can we replace xml.resource.org with something at ietf.org or rfc-editor.org?
>
> Russ
>

>>> seems like xml.resource.org is down for the last 24 hours,
>>> and xml2rfc cannot render any I-Ds in XML source format.
>>>
>>> does anybody have an idea whom to ask to get this fixed ?
>> Yes.  This outage is being discussed over at tools-discuss.
>>
>> Workaround for now: globally replace xml.resource.org with
>> xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org in your XML files.

For corporate legal information go to: