[rfc-i] xml.resource.org

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Thu May 22 15:16:20 PDT 2014

On 5/22/2014 3:09 PM, Nico Williams wrote:
> Not really.  I explicitly don't want URLs.  I want something where
> location is NOT part of the URI.  That makes it a URN.

Now that this thread has iterated on the theory which justifies the term
URN, perhaps there can be attention paid to the underlying concern that
has been expressed (at least twice) about having the string be... well,
ummm, you know... useful.

For example, what is the existing, automated mechanism that will make
the URN resolve to the referenced document?

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking