[rfc-i] xml.resource.org

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Thu May 22 13:35:06 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-22 22:26, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>> I can't find that, but in the meantime, please see my post about use
>> of URNs for this.  ISTM that the right way to handle this is via URNs,
>> with xml2rfc resolving in some fashion (in code), perhaps using a list
>> of bibxml repositories' base URLs could be provided as local
>> configuration.
>
> We cannot change these documents to use URNs until there is an operational URN conversion service. Many of us have been asking for one for years.

I really don't get it. (yet?)

The URNs for RFCs what we have identify the RFC, not a reference to that
RFC, in particular not one in a specific format.

It would be helpful if someone who thinks that this is a good idea could
state a) what URNs to use, and b) to what they should be resolved.

Best regards, Julian