[rfc-i] xml.resource.org

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu May 22 13:29:43 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:
> It refers to xml.resource.org as something that we expect to not be used in the future. There has been consternation about me removing even that, but I think it's probably time to do so.

Yes.  You could make reference to the ietf.org mirror of it.

>> I can't find that, but in the meantime, please see my post about use
>> of URNs for this.  ISTM that the right way to handle this is via URNs,
>> with xml2rfc resolving in some fashion (in code), perhaps using a list
>> of bibxml repositories' base URLs could be provided as local
>> configuration.
>
> We cannot change these documents to use URNs until there is an operational URN conversion service. Many of us have been asking for one for years.

Eh?  What conversions are needed?  All we need is for xml2rfc to know
how to resolve such URNs to URL relative parts relative to any of one
or more known/configured bibxml repositories.  No new online service
needed, just bibxml repositories.

Nico