[rfc-i] Looking for design assistance with the HTML publication format

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Thu May 15 11:26:24 PDT 2014

Hello,

The RFC Format Design Team to date has focused largely on the semantics
of the new formats, both the canonical version and the publication
formats.  One of the things that was purposefully left until later in
the process was the considerations of look-and-feel, and in particular
the CSS for the HTML publication format.  Now that we are reaching the
point of sharing sample files, it is time to consider the visual layout
of an RFC, in particular the HTML format.

I am looking for one or two volunteers to help with one or more
prototypes of a possible CSS for the HTML format.  This will be the
initial prototype that should help us understand the bounds of what is
reasonable and possible; I am not looking for a final, finished design
at this time.

If you are interested in working on this and have experience in design,
please send a message to rse at rfc-editor.org (do not hit "reply-all" or
"reply-list").  If you would send along an example of a web site you
have designed, that would be extremely helpful.  And if you happen to
know someone who isn't on rfc-interest who you think could be helpful,
please feel free to forward this on to them.

Thank you all for your time,
Heather Flanagan, RSE