[rfc-i] Comments in the canonical RFCs

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Fri May 9 09:46:48 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Dave Thaler <dthaler at microsoft.com> wrote:
> <!-- The following boilerplate comes from <insert url here>. -->
> I don't know if there's enough value in keeping such comments to make the
> RFC editing process take on the job of worrying about which type a comment is.

Making them remove such comments might be problematic, and they might
forget.  Unless we have tools that know how to remove such comments.
(Huh, do XML processors have options to strip out comments?)  And if
we don't have such tools then we'll need to have XML submissions'
source reviewed!

Therefore that is my concern here: the need to either have XML
comments automatically removed or reviewed.  I prefer the former, and
that makes the matter moot.

Nico