[rfc-i] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-07.txt

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed May 7 23:38:59 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-08 04:02, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Greetings again. This update covers many things that have been discussed this week. They include:
>
> - Moved discussion of what is allowed in the canonical XML documents to Appendix C. As noted there, this will be removed before the document is done.
>
> - Added <alternateURI> to allow reference to things such as DOIs.

I don't believe a "type" attribute is needed.

> - Added the optional "outputType" to <rfc> to tell processors what kind of document is being produced: an Internet Draft, an RFC, or a private document.

This overlaps with the already existing information about draft name/RFC
number and thus needlessly creates potential ambiguities.

> - Described what "deprecated" means in more detail in Section 1.2.3.
>
> - Added the autogeneratedISSN attribute to <rfc>.

I still don't understand what the "autogenerated" is about. Also, it
seems to be just another case of "alternateURI".

> - Used "representation" instead of "format" in (hopefully) all the right places.
>
> - Expanded discussion of non-specific dates in <date>.
>
> --Paul Hoffman

Best regards, Julian