[rfc-i] Private documents [was Alternatives to 'deprecated' in xml2rfc v3]

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Wed May 7 09:46:15 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:
> Instead of "include this boilerplate", it would be better to say "this is the type of output I want" and let the processor decide what to do about it.

What I had in mind was:

<front> <boilerplate standard="IETF-..."/> ...

<front> <boilerplate>... text ...</boilerplate> ...

<front> <boilerplate/> ...

See?  If you want standard boilerplate you say which (or if
<boilerplate> is absent you get the most common choice).  If you want
alternative, non-standard boilerplate, then you include it as a text
node.  If you want no boilerplate then you include an empty
<boilerplate/> with no attributes naming a standard boilerplate.

Nico