[rfc-i] Private documents [was Alternatives to 'deprecated' in xml2rfc v3]

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Wed May 7 09:22:11 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 7:28 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think a 'private' attribute for v3 might lead to endless
> debate about what it means. How about 'noBoilerplate'?
> And if there are other features we would like private documents
> to be able to drop, we could add other 'noFoobar' attributes
> accordingly.

Actually, how about configurable boilerplate?  That would let us elide
any debate about the propriety of having private memo modes.  And it
would allow IRTF, IETF, and others to have different boilerplate.  It
also would allow OASIS and others who today borrow RFC2119 to also
borrow our typesetting technology.

FWIW, I've used the private memo feature before...

Nico