[rfc-i] extension for xml2rfc files?

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 6 13:17:13 PDT 2014

I don't know if this is the proper place to bring this up, but...

AFAIK source files intended to processing by xml2rfc typically have a
.xml extension. (At least that seems to be what is used in tools.) IMO
this is inappropriate - the extension ought to be more specific to the
expected format of the document. ISTM that introduction of this format
as the canonical form would be a good time adopt some more appropriate

I don't have a particular proposal in mind. I can think of a bunch of

I don't love any of those.