[rfc-i] DOIs, ISSN identifier and xml2rfc v3 vocabulary

Elwyn Davies elwynd at folly.org.uk
Thu May 1 16:54:34 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-01 at 21:52 +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2014-05-01 15:30, Elwyn Davies wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Assuming http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-doi-01 gets approved
> > (which I would wholeheartedly support), the v3 vocabulary is going to
> > need somewhere to store it - probably another attribute of <rfc>.
>
> I'd rather have a generic way to store alternate URIs for the document.
> We shouldn't hardwire specific identifier systems.

I am fine with that if we think there might be other URIs that need to
appear in the canonical form.

> > We should probably also make an (auto-generated?) attribute to hold the
> > ISSN identifier as this should appear in the canonical form.
>
> The ISSN identifier is a constant, no?
Currently it is, though that is not necessarily cast in concrete.  What
is important is that the canonical form has the relevant ISSN identifier
in it and it is clear that it *is* the ISSN identifier to a (human)
reader.

Regards,
Elwyn