[rfc-i] Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Thu Mar 27 08:27:44 PDT 2014

On 3/25/14, 3:15 PM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

>> > In 4.1.1, the second paragraph needs to say what happens for authors
>> > who have non-ASCII characters in their name. Proposal: "Authors'
>> > names that cannot be represented in ASCII are first Romanized, then
>> > normalized to be ASCII-only. This rule is likely to change in the
>> > future."
> Added.

Actually, I've given this some further thought and retracted this
change.  Further detail on how author names will be handled when dealing
with non-ASCII characters is being covered in draft-flanagan-nonascii.
The RFC Editor will not attempt to Romanize names.  Authors will be
required provide an ASCII-only identifier if their names include
non-ASCII characters.

-Heather