[rfc-i] URIs in RFC references, was: feedback on draft-iab-styleguide-01

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Wed Mar 26 16:47:42 PDT 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 4:37 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc at dcrocker.net> wrote:
> ps. At the STRINT workshop, one speaker essentially chastised us all for mis-using the term "meta-data".  he claimed it's only supposed to be about activity tracking, rather than also including associated object attributes, pointers and the like.  mumble.

Actually, it's only the latter, and activity tracking tracks it.   The problem with the datatracker is that there's way too much metadata at the top.   It's useful for IESG reviews, but generally TMI.   The Metadata on tools is much more appropriate for general use.

This, BTW, argues for having an "insert metadata HTML here" tag in the HTML documents so that we can insert different metadata on datatracker than on rfc-editor.org.