[rfc-i] URIs in RFC references, was: feedback on draft-iab-styleguide-01

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Wed Mar 26 12:29:45 PDT 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 1:15 PM, John Levine <johnl at taugh.com> wrote:
> It's absolutely common for web sites to look at the user agent string
> and provide web spders versions of the web pages that include
> everything you'd want to index.

This would work.   However, I think we can agree that while we need to account for the case where the user has a slow link, by far the majority of links will be fast enough that dumping the whole RFC down them isn't going to be a problem.   So the default could be to do that, and people who want limit-by-default could use cookies. I don't think the problem is serious enough (given what I said earlier) that we need limit-by-default to be the no-cookie behavior.