[rfc-i] URIs in references, was: Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

Tony Hansen tony at att.com
Wed Mar 26 09:15:03 PDT 2014

On 3/25/14, 6:49 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> That doesn't work for me.
>
> It makes Mark Nottingham's and Tim Bray's super-stable blog URIs
> disallowed (personal web page), but would make a random blogger.com
> page acceptable.
>
> Yes, it's hard to check. In doubt, trust the author of the spec.
> He/she is interested in providing useful links.

I agree with this sentiment. However, I think it is also worthwhile
having the RFC editor make a pass on the URIs with the author to verify
that these indeed are the "best" URIs. Guidance on what makes a URI "the
best" is somewhat subjective, but using Heather's list as guidelines
instead of hard-and-fast rules makes the most sense to me.

     Tony