[rfc-i] URIs in RFC references, was: feedback on draft-iab-styleguide-01

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Wed Mar 26 09:14:04 PDT 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 10:44 AM, Dave Crocker <dhc at dcrocker.net> wrote:
> While true, the essential problem with this observation is that it tends to bias designs towards higher capability clients and paths.

In theory yes, but we are talking about text documents that typically aren't bigger than 100k.   Obviously we should avoid adding a ton of image and javascript ballast to these pages, but we can get away with shoving the document down the pipe, and if the link is really slow and the user doesn't want it, the will have time to abort the download.