[rfc-i] URIs in RFC references, was: feedback on draft-iab-styleguide-01

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Mar 25 21:47:51 PDT 2014

> So you seem to be saying that we should move from long-standing model which
> can provide the full content in one click, to a model that always requires
> two clicks.  So while the rest of the web advises reducing the number of
> click, we'll be increasing.

I don't think it's a dreadful idea to put the HTML version into the
landing page, although for large documents, the people on slow connections
will be sad.

> A landing page is a barrier, not a benefit.

You appear to be assuming that everyone will want the document in the form
that's on the landing page.  If that were so, why are we screwing around
with multiple document formats?

R's,
John