[rfc-i] URIs in RFC references, was: feedback on draft-iab-styleguide-01

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Tue Mar 25 18:24:02 PDT 2014

On 2014/03/26 03:36, Tony Hansen wrote:
> On 3/25/14, 12:51 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
>>
>>         http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2821/ leads directly to a
>> page with a rich set of meta-data as well as at least the initial part
>> of the document, though I'd wish the "?include_text=1" weren't needed
>> in the URL to get the whole document.
>
> Are you saying that you don't know how to set the datatracker to show an
> individual the entire document by default?
>
> (upper left corner, under Settings is New Account and Options. Click
> Options, and set your default for Show full document text in document page)
>
> Or are you saying that you think the link should automatically pull up
> the entire document, whether the individual has specified the option
> themselves or not.

I'd agree with Dave that showing the full thing by default would be
better. I'm not using the data tracker too often, and in general prefer
tools HTML, but when I use the data tracker, it's annoying to have to
request the full document. Having this configurable may sound nice, but
the average user is even less likely to figure out configuration options
than to make a second click.

Regards,   Martin.