[rfc-i] URIs in RFC references, was: feedback on draft-iab-styleguide-01

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Mar 25 08:50:31 PDT 2014

On Mar 25, 2014, at 8:05 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> Yes, it's *possible* to navigate where you want. But it's inconvenient.

Why is it inconvenient? It's a single click.

> Of the things we could link to (info page, plain text, HTML, XML, PDF...) what do *you* expect to choose most of the time?

I will choose HTML most of the time, but I have no idea if I am typical or, even if I am, how typical I am. I certainly don't think I am typical enough to want to waste the vertical real estate of the vast majority of references in an RFC on that gamble.

--Paul Hoffman