[rfc-i] URIs in RFC references, was: feedback on draft-iab-styleguide-01

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 08:29:53 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-25 16:17, Paul Kyzivat wrote:

>> Yes, it's *possible* to navigate where you want. But it's inconvenient.
>> Of the things we could link to (info page, plain text, HTML, XML,
>> PDF...) what do *you* expect to choose most of the time?
>
> *My* preferred starting point is the tools.ietf.org/html page. That one
> gives me the full document, with links to get from the contents to the
> place that I want, and it also gives links to all the other formats,
> prior versions, diffs, etc.

Right now that would be my choice too, but I'd be surprised if the RSE
agrees :-)

That being said: it would be good that after the switch to the new
formats there was a place on rfc-editor.org which is as useful, or even
more useful. If that's not the case, the world will continue to link to
other sites, and I believe it should be goal to make that less attractive.

Best regards, Julian