[rfc-i] Keeping some of the PIs from v2 in v3, but as an actual part of the grammar

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Tue Mar 18 10:48:58 PDT 2014

I find the "compact" directive at least to be actively harmful.   I think if this stuff is needed, it would be better to have it be part of the xml syntax rather than being done as directives, because at least in my experience the directives are too clumsy and never do what you actually want (although I'm sure each one was added in a specific case where it did exactly what the person adding it wanted!).