[rfc-i] how do you use PDF versions of RFCs and Internet Drafts?

Tony Hansen tony at att.com
Wed Mar 5 08:27:47 PST 2014

On 2/25/14, 2:15 PM, Tony Hansen wrote:
> I'm gathering information on how PDF versions of RFCs and Internet
> Drafts are used by the community.
>
> 1) How do you use PDF versions of RFCs and Internet Drafts?
> 2) What are your preferred sources for these PDFs?
> 3) What PDF features do you use? What PDF features do you not use?
>
> Feel free to respond either privately or on the rfc-interest list.

Thanks for those who have replied so far. Here are some follow-on questions:

4) For those of you who use PDFs within various reading programs, how
important are features such as the following to you?
     *) Text Structure
     *) Document Structure
     *) Metadata
     *) Tagged PDF, bookmarks
     *) Extractable Sections, such as
         -) making the "code" extractable, where code might be things
like ABNF, C code, etc.
         -) embedding the XML source itself within the PDF
     *) live links

5) What would you like improved, if anything, in the PDF versions that
you do use?

6) Would you prefer a PDF rendering of a) what looks like the text
version of the document, or b) what looks like the HTML version of the
document?

Thanks

     Tony Hansen