[rfc-i] Call for Review of draft-iab-doi-01.txt, "Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs"

Dale R. Worley worley at ariadne.com
Wed Mar 5 07:34:37 PST 2014

> From: IAB Chair <iab-chair at iab.org>

The document seems to not pay much attention to what I would consider
the most important function of a DOI:  Allowing automatic retrieval of
the document.  Indeed, I find one of the ironies of the DOI system
that a DOI is usually not convertable into the document that it
references.  But if the IETF is going to bother with DOIs, we should
enable the most useful use of them.

> The Call for Review will last until 2 April 2014.
> Normally, we ask for comments to go to the IAB mail list, but for
> this document, it is more appropriate to use the RFC Interest list.
> Please send comments to rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org.

Consider using a header "Reply-To: rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org"!

Dale