[rfc-i] Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

Dave Thaler dthaler at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 5 02:41:55 PST 2014

Brian Carpenter writes:
> > All RFCs begin as Internet-Drafts
> > or
> > Every RFC begins as an Internet-Draft
>
> Factual nit on that nit:
>
> All RFCs (except April 1st RFCs) begin as Internet-Drafts.

"Pay no attention to that main behind the curtain."

I thought it was IETF culture to never admit the existence of
April 1st RFCs outside of April 1st RFCs.  For example, neither
RFC 4844 nor RFC 6635 mention their existence.  My understanding
is that was intentional, and so the same should be the case
here as well.

Personally, I'd go for
"RFCs begin as Internet-Drafts"

-Dave