[rfc-i] Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

Tom Taylor tom.taylor.stds at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 16:59:40 PST 2014

On 04/03/2014 9:41 AM, IAB Chair wrote:
> This is a call for review of "RFC Style Guide" prior to potential
> approval as an IAB stream RFC.
>
> The document is available for inspection here:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-styleguide/
>
> The Call for Review will last until 2 April 2014.
> Normally, we ask for comments to go to the IAB mail list, but for
> this document, it is more appropriate to use the RFC Interest list.
> Please send comments to rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org.
>
> On behalf of the IAB,
> Russ Housley
> IAB Chair

The document looks reasonable.

As an author, I have had exchanges in the past with an IESG member who
would, I believe, disagree with the advice in the first sentence, last
paragraph of Section 4.8.2. I am happy with that paragraph as it stands.

    To simply specify a necessary logical relationship, the normal
    lowercase words should be used.  On the other hand, if the
    capitalized words are used in a document, choose and use them
    carefully and consistently.

Nit: last paragraph of Section 1, disagreement in number.

OLD

All RFCs begin as an Internet-Draft

NEW

All RFCs begin as Internet-Drafts