[rfc-i] not just 'lineprinter' (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Jun 30 22:26:49 PDT 2014

On Jul 1, 2014, at 1:02 AM, Dave Crocker <dhc at dcrocker.net> wrote:
> I gave a summary, earlier this evening:

Okay, I see why you and Joe disagree: Joe is trying to talk about the actual requirements that have already been decided upon and published as RFC 6949.   You appear to want to talk about a specific use case you have.   This is perfectly understandable, but discussing your use case in isolation from the existing requirements is not useful, because you are advocating a specific solution to a problem that is required to be solved in RFC 6949, but the solution you are proposing is incompatible with some of the _other_ requirements of RFC 6949.

So this is why Joe keeps asking you for clarification and then disagreeing with you.