[rfc-i] not just 'lineprinter' (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Jun 30 22:02:16 PDT 2014

On 6/30/2014 9:02 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2014, at 11:41 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc at dcrocker.net> wrote:
>> As I've said more than once, I'm asking you (all) to focus on the topic
>> at hand.  Taking that bait would be a community service.
>
> Given that you believe that "you all" (whomever that may be) are not focusing on the topic at hand, one obvious explanation that springs to mind is that we don't actually agree on what the topic of this rather long thread is.
>
> So why don't you start a new thread with a subject line that approximates the topic you think you and Joe are discussing, and then explain a bit further what that topic is.   I know it's something to do with text, and possibly printing, but watching you and Joe go back and forth on this isn't making the point of dispute any clearer.

Odd that you think these actions are needed, since both taken some time
ago.  I wonder what the distraction has been?

Brian started the thread:

   Two issues with draft-flanagan-plaintext-00

I gave a summary, earlier this evening:

   http://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2014-June/007487.html

Please do feel free to focus on that, now that your request has been
satisfied.

d/
--
Dave Crocker