[rfc-i] not just 'lineprinter' (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Jun 30 21:02:44 PDT 2014

On Jun 30, 2014, at 11:41 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc at dcrocker.net> wrote:
> As I've said more than once, I'm asking you (all) to focus on the topic
> at hand.  Taking that bait would be a community service.

Given that you believe that "you all" (whomever that may be) are not focusing on the topic at hand, one obvious explanation that springs to mind is that we don't actually agree on what the topic of this rather long thread is.

So why don't you start a new thread with a subject line that approximates the topic you think you and Joe are discussing, and then explain a bit further what that topic is.   I know it's something to do with text, and possibly printing, but watching you and Joe go back and forth on this isn't making the point of dispute any clearer.