[rfc-i] not just 'lineprinter' (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Jun 30 20:41:46 PDT 2014

On 6/30/2014 8:22 PM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) wrote:
> On 6/30/14, 9:07 PM, "Dave Crocker" <dhc at dcrocker.net> wrote:
>> Questions about what it supports should be on its own terms, unless
>> there is some larger question of cross-format adequacy, and no, that's
>> not at issue here that I'm aware of.
>
> OK, I'm fine with that.  Are you equally ok with having requirements for
> all of the features that we add to each of the formats?

Sorry but I don't understand the question and therefore don't understand
what appears to be some sort of implied dire consequence.

> Wow.  Ok.  I wish I was as intentionally manipulative as you make me out
> to be.

I'm more inclined to say 'fixated' than 'manipulative'.

Or perhaps 'pavlovian'.  If txt then some sort of visceral attack mode
is autonomically induced.  And not just you, of course.

> It sounds like you're asking me to stop soliciting your opinion.
> I may take that bait.

As I've said more than once, I'm asking you (all) to focus on the topic
at hand.  Taking that bait would be a community service.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking