[rfc-i] not just 'lineprinter' (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Jun 30 20:22:53 PDT 2014

On 6/30/14, 9:07 PM, "Dave Crocker" <dhc at dcrocker.net> wrote:

>Take txt on its own.  Txt is going to be produced.

Yes.  We're discussing what the requirements are for .txt in the future.

>Questions about what it supports should be on its own terms, unless
>there is some larger question of cross-format adequacy, and no, that's
>not at issue here that I'm aware of.

OK, I'm fine with that.  Are you equally ok with having requirements for
all of the features that we add to each of the formats?

>The instant we take the bait of trying to answer your question, we have
>the obligation of asking similar questions for all the alternative
>formats and capabilities.
>
>So let's not go there.

Wow.  Ok.  I wish I was as intentionally manipulative as you make me out
to be.  It sounds like you're asking me to stop soliciting your opinion.
I may take that bait.

--
Joe Hildebrand