[rfc-i] not just 'lineprinter' (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Jun 30 20:04:04 PDT 2014

<history ref="ancient">

> (BTW teletypes did not support pagination. I don't recall what an
> ASR33 did with FF; probably nothing.)

33, probably nothing.  somewhere in the later history were teletypes
(ASR35?) that did have perforated pages; they did 'the right thing' with FF.

for a 33, some printing software would mark page breaks with a line of
dashes.  one got good as ripping pages at those boundaries.

</history>

>   FFs, which are useful
> to some people and harmless to others.

that's the phrasing everyone should work from.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking