[rfc-i] not just 'lineprinter' (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Jun 30 19:57:54 PDT 2014

On 6/30/14, 8:15 PM, "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com>
wrote:

>No, PDF as the primary printable format is just fine. All that's
>been said is: in the txt format, retain the FFs, which are useful
>to some people and harmless to others.

Can you say more about the people for whom FFs are useful, but for whom
the PDF does not suffice?  For example, diff doesn't require the FFs.  The
FFs *may* be harmless (although they're visible in several of my text
editors), but they do require some effort, so the question is one of
return on investment.

--
Joe Hildebrand