[rfc-i] not just 'lineprinter' (was Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Jun 30 17:43:46 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 03:17:47PM -0700, Joe Touch wrote:

> a2ps has worked for decades, and is available on both.

Just so that we're all clear, here: what you're saying is that, in
order to use the ^L, all we have to do is have a special-purpose raw
("ASCII", though some versions handle UTF-8 and so on too) text-reader
program whose only job is to format the input for printing by
productig PostScript.  Therefore, we should maintain the existing
page-oriented teletype format with the line feed and everything,
rather than producing PDF files in the appropriate format for
printing.  Do I have this correct?

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com