[rfc-i] use cases for page breaking hints, Re: Update on the plain text thread(s)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Jun 30 08:13:47 PDT 2014

On 6/30/2014 8:12 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
> I also agree that bringing this up is a distraction, but either one brings it up in the context in which it occurs, or one endures it silently.   Bringing it up in some other context is ineffective, since at that point it's purely theoretical.

The basic question is whether the likely benefit warrants derailing the
existing discussion.

Given the continuing challenges of the current discussion and the very
long-standing and confused status of the linguistic topic, I cannot
fathom that there is any analysis that would predict utility in
disrupting things here and now, about this.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking