[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-hansen-rfc-use-of-pdf-00.txt

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Sun Jun 29 23:16:38 PDT 2014

Hello Tony,

On 2014/06/27 21:14, Tony Hansen wrote:
> This draft was posted yesterday and hopefully is of interest to this
> group. It's that last of the "RFC Format" documents that was promised at
> the RFC BOF in London.
>
> It is still rather drafty in a variety of places. Note that when
> commenting, you may use the paragraph numbering** that can be found
> within it. :-)

I find it a bit obtrusive where it's placed right now (before the
paragraph in the left margin). I'd prefer it to be to the right and
after the paragraph (or on the last line), to be less obtrusive.

I noted
<73>
    Recommendation: use PDF/UA and also PDF/A3.

It's unclear whether that results in a logical and or a logical or of
the profiles. It would be better to write either:
    Recommendation: documents have to conform to both PDF/UA and PDF/A3.
or
    Recommendation: documents have to conform to either PDF/UA or PDF/A3.
(even if you don't want to use 'have to' (or MUST) at the moment, please
make sure that the logical relationship is clear form the text)

Regards,   Martin.