[rfc-i] Two issues with draft-flanagan-plaintext-00

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Sun Jun 29 13:01:00 PDT 2014

On 6/29/2014 11:38 AM, Tim Bray wrote:
> ​You know, I’ve been one of the louder voices in favor of more modern
> publishing formats, but I have to say I think the .txt is brilliant for
> diffs, and diffs are super-important.  Or am I missing something… Is
> there a good example of a diff using either XML or HTML?​

I use oXygen for xml editing.  It's not free, but does have a comparison
function.

Attached is a screen snaptshot example.  I've set red for deletion and
blue for addition.  I also have it set to highlight 'words', but it has
other modes to highlight lines, etc.

There are things I tend to prefer about the rfcdiff tool, in terms of
presentation choices, but the attached is certainly useful enough for me.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking