[rfc-i] Two issues with draft-flanagan-plaintext-00

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jun 29 11:51:14 PDT 2014

On 6/29/14 2:38 PM, Tim Bray wrote:
> ​You know, I’ve been one of the louder voices in favor of more modern
> publishing formats, but I have to say I think the .txt is brilliant for
> diffs, and diffs are super-important.  Or am I missing something… Is
> there a good example of a diff using either XML or HTML?​

+1

In the abstract I would prefer if we could use something like Word
format, that is WYSIWYG and that most people are fluent in.

But when I look at how using that works out in other fora, such as 3gpp,
I conclude that the issues of change tracking, etc. in a group
environment just don't work. I find our diff tools to be much more
usable to track doc changes.

	Thanks,
	Paul