[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Sat Jun 28 01:02:26 PDT 2014

On 2014/06/26 01:19, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2014, at 12:08 PM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) <jhildebr at cisco.com> wrote:
>> It's still not great in that you can't copy/paste it easily.  We could do
>> much better with JavaScript, if we wanted to allow that in our documents.
>
> Yeah, I think we _really_ want to make it easy to cut and paste, so drift-overs won't do it.

Are we currently copy-pasting positioning information when citing from
an RFC or ID? The page number will occasionally be copied when copying
across a page break, but that's about all. For most of my review work,
I'm writing any place indications (mostly sections, maybe occasionally
pages/lines) by myself. Of course, it might get easier if that's no
longer needed, but in that case, we would need to make sure that the
paragraph numbers are counted through the whole document, and that only
whole paragraphs are counted.

So I'm not yet sure we need these indications to be part of copy-paste.

Regards,   Martin.