Thomas Clausen ietf at thomasclausen.org
Fri Jun 27 09:45:23 PDT 2014

On Jun 27, 2014, at 18:20, George, Wes <wesley.george at twcable.com> wrote:

> On 6/27/14, 12:08 PM, "Thomas Clausen" <ietf at thomasclausen.org> wrote:
>

>> I’m reviewing the bulk (about 70% I think) of my IETF documents on an
>> iPad, and this since the iPad1 came out.
>>
>> I do not recognize any of the problems that you indicate above as any
>> that I have encountered.
>>
>> I am not saying that these problems do not occur. I do not know.
>>
>> I am merely providing a data-point based on exhaustive experience with
>> IETF-documents-on-tablets.
> WG] yes, that has been my experience on *tablets* as well as my mobile
> phone's browser. That's why I've been careful to specify e-reader when
> raising this concern. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-book_reader

Some e-readers sold by e.g. Amazon are essentially Android tablets, and some e-ink e-readers have huge and hi-res screens (I had an illiad at some point, which was almost A4 sized) - on the other hand, my first e-ink e-reader from many years back had a pathetically poor screen rez.

So that’s still a little vague, I’m afraid.

>> As someone who practically lives on my tablet, when I hear the argument
>> “on a tablet, XXX, YYY and ZZZ are a problem, therefore we must….”, and I
>> never have encountered XXX, YYY nor ZZZ, then I think that it is right to
>> question if this is a hypothetical or real problem being addressed.
>
> WG] Completely understand the concern. Hopefully the info provided in my
> other messages will clarify that I was not referring to something
> theoretical.

Understood.

Thomas