[rfc-i] New Version Notification for draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Jun 27 09:29:09 PDT 2014

On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:19 PM, Thomas Clausen <ietf at thomasclausen.org> wrote:
> Because I’m not asking you to re-architect your house — but you are telling me that I need to re-architect mine to your preferences.

No, I am telling you that we are re-architecting _our_ house, because the current architecture is inadequate for a variety of reasons which have been stated.   It is not your house.   You have as much say as any other IETF participant, and no more.   So if you have a blocking objection to the proposal, it needs to be for a stronger reason than the one you stated.

I certainly agree with you that there are examples where specifying the page number and some relative offset is easier than specifying the paragraph number, but so what?

BTW, if the paragraph number is just a monotonically increasing counter, then it's _always_ easier to specify the paragraph number: you just say "par. 37" and need no relative offset.