George, Wes wesley.george at twcable.com
Fri Jun 27 09:20:40 PDT 2014

On 6/27/14, 12:08 PM, "Thomas Clausen" <ietf at thomasclausen.org> wrote:

>I’m reviewing the bulk (about 70% I think) of my IETF documents on an
>iPad, and this since the iPad1 came out.
>
>I do not recognize any of the problems that you indicate above as any
>that I have encountered.
>
>I am not saying that these problems do not occur. I do not know.
>
>I am merely providing a data-point based on exhaustive experience with
>IETF-documents-on-tablets.
WG] yes, that has been my experience on *tablets* as well as my mobile
phone's browser. That's why I've been careful to specify e-reader when
raising this concern. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-book_reader

>As someone who practically lives on my tablet, when I hear the argument
>“on a tablet, XXX, YYY and ZZZ are a problem, therefore we must….”, and I
>never have encountered XXX, YYY nor ZZZ, then I think that it is right to
>question if this is a hypothetical or real problem being addressed.

WG] Completely understand the concern. Hopefully the info provided in my
other messages will clarify that I was not referring to something
theoretical.

Wes George