[rfc-i] tiny tablet text was Fwd: draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Jun 27 08:47:38 PDT 2014

>> In my experience, the problem is that it's not easy to tell a tablet
>> to show you something in a fixed pitch typeface if it isn't already
>> marked up that way.
>
>I have a text editor app on my android which I tell to use a fixed-width
>font.  There are lots of those.

I can get it to display, too, but perhaps I am more nearsighted than you are.

>However in the example I cited (of reading RFC 5598) it was directly in
>Firefox, with no special settings and it looked ok/normal/sufficient.

The PDF version of 5598 looks fine, although it would be even finer if
the text were flowable so I could make the text bigger and not have to
scroll the page back and forth.

>The proposal is for ascii art line length to grow to 85 characters.
>That will make the characters smaller, which will make the art harder to
>read.  That's why it's a bad proposal.

I'm not sure it makes much difference.  I'd rather read something other
than fixed pitch page image on my tablet.

R's,
John