[rfc-i] tiny tablet text was Fwd: draft-flanagan-plaintext-00.txt

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Jun 27 07:06:32 PDT 2014

>What exactly is the manifestation of the problem with displaying the
>ascii art?

In my experience, the problem is that it's not easy to tell a tablet
to show you something in a fixed pitch typeface if it isn't already
marked up that way. If it is, either the text is too small to read or
the lines wrap.

Tablets all run PDF display programs so you can look at the PDF
versions of RFCs, but again the text is too small for my aging eyes to
read.  On the other hand, I was reading this week's Supreme Court
decisions (Aereo in particular) as PDFs on my tablet with no trouble,
because they happen to be in 12pt text with wide margins.  In the
current proposed model, I'd think it'd be pretty easy to create that
as an output format if that's what works for some people.

R's,
John